February 26, 2012

Sunday Morning Stream of Consciousness

It’s 5:36 a.m. on a Sunday morning and I’m staring at a blank computer screen with too much to say and the inability to say it.  The wind is howling, blowing in a warm front, and I’m overheated.  My cat won’t stop rubbing up against me, probably because he’s hungry and I should feed him.  But my mouth is parched and I’m too lazy to make myself tea, so I don’t feel like feeding my cat now either.  I’m in one of those moods where I have a lot to say, but I don’t know how to say it, because if I do it will come out like verbal diarrhea, with no particular rhyme or reason.  So, today’s blog will be a themeless one.  Please stop now if you had any higher expectations.

It’s now 5:42 a.m. on a Sunday morning and I’m both wide awake and overtired.  I long to be back in bed relishing in the fact that I have the luxury of being able to sleep in today, but I can’t, because my mind keeps spinning.  (Sunday afternoon naps are always kind of nice anyway.)  That happens sometimes, usually when I have an issue that I’ve yet to resolve.  It’s not a particularly big one, but nevertheless one that I need to work through.  Overall, I have to say that life right now is really, really great – I daresay almost perfect.  Just yesterday I turned to my husband as we were eating pizza (how I love pizza and I hardly ever have it!), and I said, “We have so much to be thankful for – so much.”  He agreed.  We both have each other, our health, good jobs, the freedom to participate in the things we love, a great house – life is really, really good. 


But even when life is so good, there can still be some things that you struggle with, when you don’t quite know how to deal with a situation, whether it’s something someone said that hurt you or whether you are just trying to figure out how to respond to something that needs fixing.  I guess it boils down to there always being something in life that needs a little check and adjust or simply just talking it through.  I'm a firm believer in solving a lot of issues simply by talking it through, or in some cases, writing it through.  In life, something is always a little out of whack, and that is okay, because that’s what makes it interesting, right?  I like to think so.

I’m going to end with this quote, because the sun is rising behind me and I don't want to miss it:

 Need and struggle are what excite and inspire us.” – William James


Image: Pinterest

No comments: