September 16, 2012

Change in Season = Change in Tune(s)

Do you begin to crave different music with the change in seasons?   I do. 

All summer I have been listening to carefree, upbeat, sexy music:  lots of '70s and '80s soul (i.e., Maze, The Jacksons, Buddy Miles), a bit of disco (such as the Boogie Nights soundtrack), some current and classic pop-rock (including John Mayer's new album, Robbie Dupree, Christopher Cross), and a bit of Jay-Z, in particular, The Blueprint 2. 

Music is often the backdrop of our lives, and with the transition from summer to fall resulting in a change in activity, temperment, and, to some extent, lifestyle, so too (at least for me) music is affected by this transition. 

Come fall, when the days begin to shorten and the air turns brisk, my desire for new music (at least this season) happens to consist of a more moody, mid-tempo, rock-based soundtrack than my sexy, soul-heavy summer soundtrack.  Herewith is my first playlist for fall:

  • “Girl Can’t Help It” Journey
  • “Still Can’t...” The Cranberries
  • “Carnival” Natalie Merchant
  • "Is This Love” Whitesnake
  • “I’ll Be Alright Without You” Journey
  • “Tin Man” America
  • “Tempted” Squeeze
  • “I Can’t Tell You Why” The Eagles
  • “Who’s Crying Now” Journey
  • “Lightening Crashes” Live
  • “Rhymes of an Hour” Mazzy Star
  • “Free” The Martinis
  • “Beautiful Calm Driving” Sia
  • “Last Goodbye” Jeff Buckley
  • “I Go To Sleep” Sia
  • “Levon” Elton John
  • “Bad Sneakers” Steely Dan
  • “What Goes Around Comes Around” Lenny Kravitz
  • “Knocks Me Off My Feet” Stevie Wonder
  • “Crystal Blue Persuasion” Tommy James & The Shondells
What are you listening to this fall?

No comments: